Here is the video for the meeting on November 5, 2018.
In the work session, we discussed:
- The Municipal Court budget.
- Looking at who to appoint to Civil Service Board. If you are interested in becoming part of one of the Boards that help the city run, please send your resume and what boards you are interested in to Lorree Villers at email@example.com or 165 Center Road, Bedford, OH 44146
- Implementing a review system for employees that work for the Council (City Manager, Clerk of Council, Financial Director and Law Director)
In the regular session, we voted on:
- Changes to the Ellenwood rates and rental policies. (passed)
- Re-approving how city employees make insurance plan premium contributions. (passed)
- Approve additional money to go towards repairing a sinkhole at Union and Northfield. (passed)
- To declare both 54 Best and 34 Union a nuisance and condemn the buildings. (both passed)
- First reading to approve the 2019 budget. (1st reading)
- A vape shop in Bedford Downtown. Planning Commission had already declined it. (5 council agreed with PC, 2 disagreed with PC – meaning that that vape shop will not go in.) Reason cited by mayor when asked was that the applicant did not appear at the Planning Commission meeting and based on the information they had they did not feel this was a good fit for the Downtown area.
In the reports:
- Leaf collection has started. There was a reminder that leaves go on the tree lawn not in the street.
- Several properties that have been condemned in the City will be pulled down with money from a Land Bank grant. The Land Bank will be overseeing the demolitions. The Moonglow has been requested to be among the first ones done.
- Street light out inventory has been done recently by Bedford Police. If you know of a street light that is out, please report the pole number to City Hall or your Councilperson.
- The City is having a sign survey done so that we can put together a cohesive plan for signage in the city. An online survey is available so that residents can provide their input for those signs. It can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BedfordWayfinding
- There were congratulations all around for Bedford Police Officer of the Year Sean Allred and Bedford Firefighter of the Year Mike Scabbo.
- Fraternal Order of Eagles donated $5000 each to Bedford Fire & Police
- Ladies Auxiliary donated $500 each to Bedford Fire & Police
- If you are interested in getting on the waiting list to get information for the new retirement community on Broadway (in the old convent) please call 330-928-1988.
- Library Journal has awarded the Southeast Library a 5 star rating for the 10th consecutive year. Southeast Library had the highest score in its budget range.
- NEW! Check out a wi-if hotspot from the library that can make the internet go with you.
- Dinner program – Children can get a free bagged dinner from 3-3:45
- Sign up for:
- the Robotics Soccer Challenge in connection with Lego
- Fantastic beasts and how to draw them class
- Excel classes
- Homework help M-Th