Here is the agenda for the City Council meeting on May 7th.
In the Work Session, we will be discussing:
- What the summer Council Meeting dates will be
- A continuation on the discussion of the Parking fines. If you recall, at last session Council requested more info so that they could look into instituting increasing scale fines for repeat offenders.
- How to make local ordinance comply with State law in regards to small cell and wireless support structures.
In the Regular Session, we will be reading or voting on:
- Adding an amendment to the Rental Inspection ordinance that would make it so that any property that was delinquent on its taxes could not get an occupancy permit.
- Allowing for a tax abatement for Qua Inc (aka Mazda of Bedford)
- New contract with the law firm the City uses to collect delinquent taxes
- Allowing for the formation of an agreement with Bedford Schools in regards to the Qua Inc (aka Mazda of Bedford) tax abatement.
- Allow the City to purchase more rock salt
- Changes to budget for various departments including Police, Fire and Recreation.
- Entering a contract with a company to clean up behind Bedford Park Terrace and Bedford Dales Condos. These companies were informed on March 2nd to clean up their properties. As they have not, the City will be hiring a company and billing the two companies involved for the cost.
- Contract to buy liquid ferric chloride, which is used by the waste water treatment plant
- A contract with Highland Hills for jail services
- A contract with L.E. Scott Electrical to redo the lighting at Ellenwood
- First reading for the proposed 2018 Tax Budget
- Allowing for a restaurant / entertainment establishment at 339 Columbus Rd (the old Just Friends location)
- Allowing for a church at 1200 Broadway Ave (the old Catered Elegance building)
- Allowing for a cigar store at 776 Broadway Ave (the little shop located between the strip mall where Megan’s is and the Handyside House )