Just a reminder. August is Household Hazardous Waste & Computer Round-Up in Bedford.
Did you know that it is illegal and very harmful to the environment when you throw computers into the regular trash? Same with many household hazardous waste. So how does one responsibly dispose of these things? Never fear! Bedford’s Service Department is here to help.
August 1 – August 31: Items may be dropped off at the Service Garage, 100 Solon Road, between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (no after-hours drop off). The following can be dropped off:
-Oil or solvent based paint, sealers, primers, or coatings
– Varnishes, polyurethanes, shellacs – Paint thinner, mineral spirits, turpentine
– Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides
– caustic household cleaners
– automotive fluids, motor oil, car batteries
– adhesives, roof tar, driveway sealer
– kerosene, gasoline, lighter fluid
– CPU’s, monitors, keyboards, software, and cell phones. No televisions.
CFL – Compact fluorescent bulbs are not accepted in our round-up, they should be turned in at Home Depot or Lowe’s. No latex paint accepted.
Bedford residents only. Any questions, contact the Service Department at 440-735-6583.