Here is the agenda for tonight’s (10/07/19) City Council Meeting:
The videos are now broadcast live at this URL so if you tune in at 8pm, you can watch the Council meeting live: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBBgBDh11jKNhKtA1NIOZZA
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the City of Bedford YouTube channel (big red subscribe button below the video). If you subscribe, you will get a notification when the live video starts as well as getting a link to watch it later.
In the Work Session, we will discuss:
- Repealing outdated and superfluous ordinances. This is a basic clean up project for our ordinances. We have multiple ordinances that are either outdated, no longer necessary or possibly in conflict with Ohio Revised Code. The example provided was 505.11 COLORING RABBITS AND BABY POULTRY; SALE OR DISPLAY. This prohibits the sale of dyed chicks and bunnies. This is no longer a problem in the world so we really don’t need it on our books. While these ordinances do no harm, they should be cleaned up every once in awhile. This discussion will be about what steps need to be taken to do that.
- Budget Meeting Dates. It is that time of year again where we will be reviewing the budget and we will be discussing on what dates that will happen.
In the Regular Session, we will vote on:
- Beginning the energy improvements suggested by Gardiner using NOACCA grant funds.
- Creating a new fund called “Northfield & Rockside West” as a capital improvement fund. This is done when there are specific projects the City would like to start saving for.
- Annual sewer rate increase. Certain fees and costs increases are given to the City of Bedford and these costs then have to be incorporated into the sewer and water rate.
- Amending “Rate Reduction for Senior Citizens and Permanently Disabled” to line up with the sewer rate change.
- Apply for the CDBG (grant) for televising the City’s sewer system to look for areas to repair.
- Apply for the CDSG (grant) to pay for phase 2 of the Sign Initiative.
- Making additional appropriations. Basically approving the moving of funds around in the City budget to pay for things or to accept unexpected money, such as from grants.
- Enter a contract with Ellet Sign Company to complete Phase 1 of the Sign Initiative.
- Issuing and selling bonds to cover the cost of the new pumper and ambulance trucks.
- Motion to accept the recommendation of the Planning Commission regarding allowing a hair salon at 12 Columbus St.