Here is the agenda for tonight’s City Council meeting:
In the Work session, we will be discussing:
- Which Council member will represent Bedford for the Hawthorne Valley Youth Council. Walter Genutis (W2) has volunteered to accept that role and we will likely be accepting his offer to do that.
In the Regular session, we will be voting on:
- Changes to how Ellenwood Recreation Center is rented out. These changes are really just bringing the Ellenwood rental process up to standard for rental facilities. The changes include adding a security deposit, adding a cancelation fee and clarifying who can rent the facility at a discount or for free. This will not be voted on tonight as it will be going through all 3 reading to allow for public comment.
- Updating the year on the ordinance about the Premium Only Plan insurance and essentially approving it for next year. This too will go to second reading today and will likely not be voted on.
- Agreeing to sponsor 5 students for the HVYC.
- Additional increases and decreases in various appropriations.
- Renewing the City’s agreement with Cuyahoga Board of Health, who provides testing labs and other medical services for various departments when needed.
- Agreeing to apply for the Transportation for a Livable Community Initiative grant which can be used to improve the transportation in a community. I believe these funds will go towards the street program next year.
- Appointing Chuck Mowery to the Planning Commission and George Green to Building Standards & Appeals. Interested in serving on a Board in Bedford? Please send your resume and which Board you are interested in to Lorree Villers at LVillers@bedfordoh.gov.