Here is the agenda for tonight’s meeting. If you have not attended a meeting before, this would be an excellent one to start with as it appears it will be very short.
In the Work Session, we will be discussing:
- Meeting our new representative from First Energy. I am sure the topic of trees and street lights will come up.
- Finalizing the new Planning Commission appointment
- Discussing if Council will once again sponsor some of the Hawthorne Valley Youth Council attendees. HVYC is a group that helps teach young budding leaders about the government process.
In the Regular Session, we will be voting on:
- Sewer & water rates. This will be the 3rd and final reading on this topic.
- Some pretty hefty changes to how Ellenwood will be rented and how much to be charged. The previous rental fee ordinance was very brief and the new one brings the rental contract at Ellenwood in line with what you see at most event rental facilities. There will be a damage deposit paid now, a cancellation policy and other standard event rental agreement items like that. On the really plus side, the new ordinance will also define exactly what kinds of groups will have those fees waived and when so it will no longer be at just the discretion of the Rec Director. Our current Director does not play favorites, but one does not know who might be in the position in the future and this will help prevent future issues. I imagine this will be a first reading.
- Updating the year on the ordinance about the Premium Only Plan insurance and essentially approving it for next year.