Here is the agenda for the 11/18/19 (Monday) City Council Meeting.
The videos are now broadcast live at this URL so if you tune in at 8pm, you can watch the Council meeting live: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBBgBDh11jKNhKtA1NIOZZA
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the City of Bedford YouTube channel (big red subscribe button below the video). If you subscribe, you will get a notification when the live video starts as well as getting a link to watch it later.
In the Work Session, we will be discussing:
- It is BUDGET TIME! This meeting, we will be reviewing Building Department and Municipal Complex budgets..
- Council will be looking at implementing new zoning in the Broadway corridor similar to what was implemented in Meadowbrook to encourage new business growth. We will also be considering an incentive package to investors who would like to buy and fix up buildings in the corridor.
- Looking at making changes to how Ellenwood and the Parks & Rec pavilions are rented out.
In the Regular Session, we will be voting on:
- The 2020 Appropriations Budget. This will not be actually passed until we are done reviewing the whole budget but will be read on the floor until we are done reviewing the budget.
- Allowing for a Conservation Easement to West Creek Conservancy. This gives the West Creek Conservancy special rights to help protect West Creek.
- Changes to the “Signs” ordinances will be voted on. This will change and update the laws in the CIty regarding how, when and where signs can be displayed.
- Making additional appropriations. Basically approving the moving of funds around in the City budget to pay for things or to accept unexpected money, such as from grants.
- Entering into a contract with Cuyahoga County Department of Public Works to allow them to use some specialty equipment to help clean out sections of the sewer system.