Here is the agenda for today’s (3/16/20) City Council Meeting.
The videos are now broadcast live at this URL so if you tune in at 8pm, you can watch the Council meeting live: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBBgBDh11jKNhKtA1NIOZZA
The Monday, March 16th, City Council meeting will remain as scheduled. However, due to the directives surrounding COVID-19, it is highly recommended the public view the meeting via the live online stream (Bedford City Council (Live Stream)) in lieu of coming into City Hall.
The public will be able to submit any questions, comments or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org which will be monitored throughout the meeting.
Mayor Koci, City Council and the Administration will answer / reply during the public comments portion of the meeting. Once again, thank you for your cooperation, understanding and partnership during these unprecedented times.
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the City of Bedford YouTube channel (big red subscribe button below the video). If you subscribe, you will get a notification when the live video starts as well as getting a link to watch it later.
In the Work Session, we will be discussing:
- My, how things can change in 2 weeks! Really, the only thing that we will be discussing in the work session is how the City will be managing COVID-19 directives during the State of Emergency. Please fully expect some items discussed in the Work Session to be added to the Regular Session agenda for Council to vote on to help the City operate more fluidly as these directives from the State and Federal government come in.
In the Regular Session, we will be voting on:
- Purchasing a Kubota Diesel Concrete Saw
- Hiring AC Lawncare to do the grass cutting for the City
- Making additional appropriations for both money spent and received that falls outside of the budget.This can be for unexpected costs or unexpected grant payouts.
- Authorizing a CRA agreement. APEC will be refurbishing the old YMCA building to be their new headquarters. They would receive a 75% tax exemption as well.
- Authorizing the purchase of a new vehicle for Bedford Municipal Court
- Entering into a contract with Village of Moreland Hills for the use of Bedford jail facilities.
- Authorizing a contract with Silco Fire & Safety to allow for the installation of a new security camera system around the Municipal Building.
- Completely updating the Ordinance on Military leave. As this was not discussed in a work session previously, I am guessing that this is to bring it into step with ORC, which we are mandated to follow. With the current situation, it is reasonable to expect that National Guard members may be called up soon.
- Agreeing to a Memorandum of Understanding to basically say that the City of Bedford will work with the State of Ohio in possibly suing pharmaceutical companies in regards to their role in the opioid epidemic.