Here is the agenda for today’s (2/3/20) City Council Meeting.
The videos are now broadcast live at this URL so if you tune in at 8pm, you can watch the Council meeting live: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBBgBDh11jKNhKtA1NIOZZA
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the City of Bedford YouTube channel (big red subscribe button below the video). If you subscribe, you will get a notification when the live video starts as well as getting a link to watch it later.
In the Work Session, we will be discussing:
- Creating a 1, 5, 10 plan for the City and the Wards – This is a basic planning guide used by some businesses to help them plan for the future. The City’s Master Plan is over 10 years old and we need to start looking at creating a new one. A 1, 5, 10 Plan would help provide a solid backbone to that process.
In the Regular Session, we will be voting on:
- Accepting the NOPEC 2020 Energized Community Grant – This is an annual grant that is provided to the City to help us pay for things that will improve energy use around the City.
- Adopting the January 2020 replacement pages for the Codified Ordinances – this just means that we are agreeing that the ordinances changes we have made in the past 6 months should be put in the published Codified Ordinances. We do this twice a year.
- Updating pay ranges – This is the standard guide for what different positions within the City start at. It has to be updated occasionally to keep up with negotiated rates.
- Motion to accept a variance submitted by Education Alternative to have a sign that is larger than ordinances allow.