Here is the link to the video of last night’s council meeting:
Here are the highlights from this City Council Meeting:
– Sewer rate will be increased by 4%. This is an annual and normal increase that goes towards EPA compliance. Water will not see an increase this year. Typically there would be a 3% increase but this is being waived in light of the tax increase this upcoming year. A water bill rate reduction is available for seniors and permanently disabled who qualify. Qualifications are based on factors such as income from the previous year.
– Asbestos removal will begin on Ellenwood Recreation in preparation for expanding programming there.
– State Senator Kenny Yuko came to visit Councilwoman Marilyn Zolata of Ward 3 to thank her for her 26 years of service and to congratulate her on her retirement.
– U-Haul on Broadway moving to the old Lally car dealership on Rockside. U-Haul will be expanding both in size and services there. If you are currently storing things at the U-Haul storage facility on Broadway, you can expect to be asked to move your belongs to the new facility on Rockside in 12-18 months.
– A new wig shop is moving into Historic Downtown.
– Kyle Dunphy was sworn in as police officer. The City is still seeking 3 new officers. Testing for becoming a Bedford Police Officer will be in April 2018. If you are interested in taking the qualification test and becoming a Bedford Police Officer, call the city at 440-232-1600 for more information.
– Sandy Spinks will be on New Day Cleveland on Fox 8 on January 25th and will be cooking with David Moss.
– The public swearing in ceremony for newly elected and re-elected council members will be January 3rd at 7pm at City Hall. The public is welcome and encouraged.