Here is the agenda for tonight’s Council meeting:
I have been told that the videos from now on will be broadcast live at this URL so if you tune in at 8pm, you can watch the Council meeting live: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBBgBDh11jKNhKtA1NIOZZA
In the work session, we will be discussing:
- The Clerk of Council position. We have the candidate field narrowed down and we have some very solid candidates to choose from. We should have someone selected within the week.
In the Regular session, we will be voting on:
- Improving the waterlines around Tinkers Creek Commerce Park. While this is a costly project, the improvement of the water lines will allow current and new businesses greater flexibility in what they can do in these locations. At least one current Bedford business will be able to expand due to this improvement.
- Having a water rate study done. For all of you who thought that the water bills were too high, this study would be designed to see if you are right or not. 🙂 This study will also look at if the rates are at a level that will make sure we have enough for maintenance of the water and sewers.
- Purchasing new computers
- Purchasing a new pumper truck for the Fire Department.
- Purchasing a new ambulance
- Agreeing to put the signage and wayfinding plans out for bids
- Levy assessments for false alarms (levy assessment means add the fines from this to the owners tax bill)
- Levy assessments for grass cutting
- Levy assessments for delinquent water bills
- Additional appropriations – they appropriations mostly have to do with either funding a few emergency projects or accepting money from grants and other monies coming into the City
- Allowing the City to apply for the Cuyahoga County Healthy Urban Tree Canopy grant, which if we are successful in getting would allow us to restart the Tree Program and get some new trees planted on empty treelawns